Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, May 22, 2009

On Leave- Friday 22/05/09

I was on leave on Friday as Amanda had an appointment for her MMR jab. I have planned to delay this jab but was still told to go down for my appointment for the nurse to assess. It also happened that Amanda was having fever so I thought might as well see the doc at the same time. The polyclinic was taking precaution against the swine flu. All the people entering the polyclinic have to fill in a form and the data was recorded in some database. Temperature was taken and a sticker given to indicate if you are clear of fever (green sticker) or having fever (red sticker). Upon taking Amanda's temperature, the person's eyes turned wide and gave me a shock look after measuring her temperature and told me " She got fever!" . I just told her flatly "yeah, she has fever" and was thinking to myself, do they need to panick like that? Well, anyway, spoken to the doc and enquired from her if its possible to delay the jab till much later. According to her, polyclinic could allow latest by 2 years old. Any older will have to be taken at private clinic. I guess I shall see how it goes then. Will wait till Amanda is able to speak well before letting her take the jab as advised by Ade and also to make sure she is completely alright with eggs.

After seeing doc, Daddy drove to Singapore Expo for the Crocs sale! I was so surprised that he wanted to go as I have intended to go myself if I have time that afternoon/if not forget it as I knew/heard about the horrendous queue last year. Well, when we reached there at 10.30 (the sale started at 10am), the queue was all the way till the MRT station. But overall, the queueing was still ok and it was moving quite fast. It was more chaotic inside the sales area where shoes are flying off the shelves! As Daddy had to work that afternoon, he asked me to stay on and shopped around while he drove Amanda back home before going to work. You really have to go early cos the popular design and sizes run out very fast. Its a bit disappointing in this sense.



Our Loots!


Amanda's existing crocs with new Jitbits!
When I reached home with the big bag of crocs, I quickly took Amanda's temperature and was relieved that her fever was gone. It was already 2pm then and I have actually made an appointment with hair salon at 2pm. So I quickly set off for the salon and had my "mop of hair" tamed and reached home only at 7.30pm. Measured Amanda's temperature again, the fever was gone and she was active. Phew!
Ohh what a tiring day!

2 comments:

  1. Wa! Wat a great buy @ crocs sale!!!

    Glad tat A is ok! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okie la. actually the design i want dun have. A is down with fever again ytd. Maybe we went out on sat and the weather was really hot!

    ReplyDelete